Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Photography in PIttsburgh

It's been a while...a couple of years.

But after having a chance to take out my camera, I was able to take some great shots of some cone flowers.

I love photography and no matter how long it's been between shooting photography in my backyard, for a client or just of my family, I always enjoy it.

Here's some great shots that I took recently.

This is a special echinacea plant that I bought a few years back and I'm so impressed with it's ability to live in the horrible soil I have near my Pittsburgh Home.   If you look, you see these weird growths coming out of the flower. It's from insect damage early in the flower development.  I think it makes the flower look really cool...almost like a firework.

This is a different variety of the coneflower with a huge "cone" in the middle and the petals facing downwards.  They are growing so well in my back yard and I hate to split them but I am going to have to and then try to get huge areas that are covered by them in the years to come.   It certainly takes patience to get a lot of perennial flowers to grow all over your yard. I love these flowers because they are so beautiful, long lasting and come in an impressive variety of shapes and colors.
Can you tell I'm a fan of Echinacea?  They are just awesome to photograph.  Love them!

I absolutely love this shot (you have no idea what I did to get it) and it's because it is related to this fantastic woman named Sheri who makes the awesome gourmet gifts and treats that are amazing. I have the pleasure of helping her grow her amazing little business and I'm just so excited for the success that I know she is going to have.  She makes this pretzel bark in Pittsburgh and ships it all throughout the nation.  This is the little box of white chocolate pretzel bark that would be super awesome for weddings so I set up the shot to look really feminine and hopefully appeal to brides looking for unique wedding favor ideas.   I wish I would have known about Sheri and her Pretzel Crazy company when I got married because I just absolutely love what she does with pretzels!
Check it out:  www.pretzelcrazy.com

This is my second favorite shot that I took for these yummy caramel and chocolate covered pretzels.  They are so cute and perfect for a bride and groom wedding favor that I just can't get over it!
Look at them!  They are so unique?  When have you ever seen such cool treats for a wedding?

You and I both know that answer...Never.  It's always mints or those almond candies.  These are AWESOME in comparison!  If you are looking for or know someone who is looking for a unique wedding favor idea, please make sure to show them these super awesome "wedding cookies".  They are better than wedding cookies though...and I just love them!

So there you go!  That's my photography for the week. I hope to update more frequently in the future as I take more photos for clients and for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment