Sunday, June 24, 2012

A little peek at my drawing...and some more flowers. :)

Petunia.  My mother liked these when she was younger.  I remember something similar in my childhood.

I love the blue anthers here on the tip of the stamen.

Ha ha.  This is my distraction getting the best of me.  I decided to collect seeds from several of the flowers.  This year has been amazing for flowering plants.  In the process, I had run out of envelopes to collect them in, so I had to make my own.  Once I started creating, I couldn't stop and then had to try and draw the flower that I was packaging.  Then I decided maybe a photograph would capture the essence of the plant a little better.  So here it is.  A photo of my drawing of the real thing with the real thing.  Dianthus the Annual.

My mother also use to plant marigolds all around our double wide trailer.  They are great flowers because they seed so quickly and you can have multiple growths from the same plant in one season. They are also fabulous at keeping pests away from the other plants in your garden.

Another distraction.  I love insects.....especially tricky ones.  This is a bee fly......NOT a bee or a hornet.  It's from a completely different family.  It is more closely related to a house fly than a bee in many ways. :)  I think this one might be enlarged and hang in my new house soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment