Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Walk Around My Old Place.

Well...Ok.  It's not my old place yet...but it's close.  We will be moving soon and I have to highlight what I love so much about where I am now.
Dustin took Kaylee for a little walk.  We were going to go together, but I was so tired even thinking about walking down that crazy hill (I will document that for you later) so I said I would stay behind in the house.  When I went back into the house, I saw my camera and then I realized I could walk with them a little and take a little Mommy break.  I LOVE photography....if you didn't already know.  It is so healthy for me in so many ways.
 So...I left, with camera in hand, and traveled down the path to find my two Homo sapiens loves.  On the way I was distracted by some of the Earth's most victorious critters.   They outnumber all other class of organisms by far.  Here is a photo story of my little 15min. walk behind the old place.

Here was my first encounter.  Her name is Kelsey.  She is a Rescue Dog.  Beautiful and Graceful.

This is Jewel Weed.  It usually grows around poison ivy.  An oxymoron in a way.

It's a weed that most people kill.  Can you imagine.  Look at it's beauty.  Do you see the insects?

Same Weed.  Why would someone kill this?

Wild Berries.  Either Blackberry or Raspberry...I think.  They taste delicious.

I love this.

This little guy posed for me.  I believe it is a nymph of some sort or another. Maybe a Pennsylvania Leatherback?

Not quite ripe yet.  Who cares...it looks awesome!

There is some type of DISEASE killing this plant.  It ends up being absolutely breathtaking.  Perhaps the YANG to our YING is not such a bad thing.  It is apparently beautiful here.

I'm thinking about doing a series of photos that focus on certain techniques.  Kind of like Picasso did to reach himself.  This photo reminds me of that.  I have a lot of visual work to do.

And then this photo makes me wonder if I should just go to black and white.  This is the eloquent Cabbage Butterfly.  Wow.  I just can't even imagine what it would be like to fly and drift like this beautiful little thing that loves the evening hour.

More Weeds.  Really?  How can that be?  I think you are BEAUTIFUL.  Thank you for existing.

2 comments:

  1. I am really honestly impressed by these photos! Thanks for sharing them! They are all great and I really like the bottom up picture of the flower/weed and the butterfly action shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the compliment. Sometimes it is hard to know if other people see things as beautiful the same way that I do. Thank you for the affirmation.....it help me feel less crazy. Ha ha! I'm glad you got to take a visual break and enjoy nature. :)

    ReplyDelete